Library meme #1: The System.
THERE IS NO SYSTEM.
Once upon a time, there was a system.Then we had our earthquake and all the books came tumbling down. And I put them all back up but we had another and another and the bookshelf kept falling. Enormous amounts of frustration and apathy set in, I put everything back on the shelf and pushed my desk up against it and didn’t look at it for a very long time. Now the books just sit where they fit.
I kept acquiring books: see the floor shelves.
The best books, my favourite series,are the only things organised, in that bookshelf headboard which is one of the best purchases ever (thanks mum&dad <3<3<3)
As requested, I have put together a meme based on my Home Library posts. You can do all of them, but feel free to skip a number if you don’t own any books relevant to the day’s prompt (just replace it with an idea of your own). Take a picture, write down the stories attached to the book(s) in question, go nuts!
1. “The System” (example).
2. Favourite female writer.
3. Favourite male writer.
4. Bought on location (where the writer lived, the book takes place, the movie adaptation was shot).
5. The largest and the smallest book you own.
6. Complete works of one author.
7. Favourite poetry collection
8. Favourite biography.
9. Favourite cookbook.
10. Favourite graphic novel.
11. A book you didn’t understand at all.
12. “One of these things is not like the others” (inconsistent editions within a series, like so).
13. Best bargain.
14. Most recent purchase.
15. Favourite lay-out design.
16. Book you bought because of the title.
17. Book you bought because of the cover design.
18. Multiple translations of the same work.
19. Multiple copies of the same work.
20. The funniest book you own.
21. The most expensive book you own.
22. A recurring interest/theme.
23. A book you read so many times that it fell apart.
24. A book you think everyone should read.
25. A book that made you cry.
26. A book you would prescribe for an aspiring author.
27. A cover design you hate.
28. A book that was a waste of your time.
29. Favourite book from your childhood.
30. The book with the most pages in your collection.
STAY TUNED FOR BOOKS YOU SHOULD READ BECAUSE OF THEIR INCREDIBLE LIFE CHANGING GLORY.
Sometimes he looks attractive, but sometime he looks like a *gestures vaugly* …dying pumpkin!
flatmate Lara on Sebastian Stan’s amazing face
Let’s play a game.
Type the following words into your tags box, then post the first automatic tag that comes up.
You can leave if you want
WHAT A PLACE
When She’s Drunk
Why was I not informed?
LOOK AT HER DANCE LIKE A HORSE
BECAUSE NEW ZEALAND
and she is reacting like she has never seen it before
STOP THAT IMMEDIATELY